Kaspersky Lab has revealed its new flagship consumer online security products: Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013.
The new versions of both product share the refined, easy-to-use interface and both comes with Automatic Exploit Prevention technology. Meanwhile Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 has a new Safe Money feature.
- New antivirus engine with better detection rates for the entire scope of emerging cyber threats
- Unique Automatic Exploit Prevention technology targets the most sophisticated threats utilizing vulnerabilities in popular software
- Simplified user interface provides easier installation, activation and day-to-day use of the product
- Better performance in key user scenarios and longer battery life for mobile computers
New Kaspersky Internet Security features:
- Unique Safe Money technology protects users’ money “at all costs” during online shopping and banking
- New anti-spam module efficiently blocks unwanted mail, saving you time and hassle
Protection from zero-day exploits:
Automatic Exploit Prevention technology was designed to address some of the most sophisticated threats – those exploiting vulnerabilities in popular software. Automatic Exploit Prevention protects Kaspersky Lab’s customers against these types of exploits, including those that utilize so-called zero-day vulnerabilities. It is able to recognize unauthorized activity by an exploit without blocking the normal operation of a potentially vulnerable program such as your web browser, document viewer etc. More details here.
Secure online shopping and banking:
Safe Money technology contains a diverse set of protection methods for when you deal with real-life credit card or bank account during online banking or shopping activities. Such activity may include making purchases online, working with an electronic payment system like PayPal, or accessing your bank account from your computer. Only available in Kaspersky Internet Security 2013, this new feature provides enhanced protection for your banking operations. Here’s how it works:
- Switches automatically to special “Safe Browser” mode when you visit banking websites; this isolates your payment operation from other online activities to ensure your transaction is not monitored
- Activates automatically when visiting most common payment websites, and you can easily add your own bank or shopping website to the list
- Checks the authenticity of the payment website itself to ensure the site isn’t compromised or a fake
- Safe Money evaluates the security status of your computer, and warns about significant threats that should be addressed prior to making payments
- Virtual Keyboard ensures tamper-proof entry of your password or credit card number
More details on Safe Money here.
New and improved security features:
Both Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 solutions share the new antivirus engine using Hybrid Approach – when traditional methods of detecting and blocking threats are combined with modern cloud-based techniques.
Virtual Keyboard, designed to protect the most sensitive data against keyloggers when in Safe Money mode, has been bolstered with another technology called Secure Keyboard which utilizes a special keyboard driver to prevent malware from logging keystrokes. To further protect users from phishing websites, both products now feature a new anti-phishing module that features automatic updates and improved heuristic detection of websites that try to steal your password and other valuable data.
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 also features a new anti-spam engine, providing the most reliable detection of unwanted messages in your email account.
Pricing and Availability
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 and Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 are available nationwide starting 15 August in Malaysia at all IT leading outlets and retail at the following price:-
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 – RM100 for 1 PC
- Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 – RM165 for 3 PCs
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 – RM70 for 1 PC
- Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013 – RM110 for 3 PCs