Twitter announced its Windows 8 app last week.
In addition to familiar Twitter features, Twitter for Windows 8 introduces new functionality that takes advantage of unique Windows 8 features:
- Snap view – use another app alongside Twitter. Snap Twitter into the left or right side of the screen and then start using another app. With snap view, you can adjust the size of the app to one-third, two-thirds or full screen.
- Photos – large and center. With an all-new landscape view, not only can you view a larger version of individual photos, but you can also swipe horizontally to view multiple photos in the Discover tab or a user’s profile.
- Share charm – tweet from any app, at any time. Simply swipe from the right edge of Windows 8 and then choose the Share charm to share content from any app, such as a photo or news article, to Twitter.
- Search charm – search when you’re inspired. Similar to the Share charm, the Search charm makes it easy to find an account or see Tweets using a certain hashtag.
- Live Tiles and notifications – don’t miss a beat. Keep up with what’s happening on Twitter using the Twitter live tiles and notifications, which show no matter which app you’re running.
The new twitter app for Windows 8 is now available for download on Windows Store in 22 languages.
[Download]– Twitter for Windows 8