MYNIC, the sole administrator for web addresses that ends with .my in Malaysia, is now offering all the .my domains at the price of RM9.90 for the 1st year. The normal price for a .my domain is about RM80 to RM120 in the market.
The promotion applies only for new .my domains and available via ichoose.my and through selected MYNIC appointed resellers. The domains available as part of the promotion at RM9.90 include:
The promotion runs from 17th November 2014 to 30th November 2014. The MYNIC offer is not applicable for renewal or transfer of domains.
One of the MYNIC resellers and web hosting company, Shinjiru is offering all the .my domains at RM8 only for the 1st year. The promotion ends 28 November. Details here[link]. Other hosting companies offering the .my domain names at promotional prices include Exabytes, Cynet(RM8), ZenPipe(at RM2) and WebServer.
To register for the .my domain, individuals must send in the copy of their MyKad(identity card) to the web hosting company. For the other domain names that have been reserved for organizations, company registration name and company registration number are required for registration.
MYNIC is an agency under Ministry of Communications and Multimedia Malaysia (KKMM) and is regulated by Malaysian Communication and Multimedia Commission (MCMC).
MYNIC administers eight (8) domain name categories , namely:
- .my – for Malaysian individuals and organizations
- .com.my – for commercial organisation/activities
- .net.my – for network-related organisations/activities
- .org.my – for organisations/activities which do not qualify for other categories
- .edu.my – for Malaysian educational organisations only
- .gov.my – for Malaysian government organisations only
- .mil.my – for Malaysian military organisations only
- .name.my – for Malaysian individual’s personal use only