Juniper Networks and VMware have kick-started a joint Asia Pacific (APAC) strategy aimed at accelerating the adoption of private cloud solutions by enterprises across Asia Pacific (APAC).
The announcement builds on last year’s expansion of the two companies’ global technology partnership to deliver joint marketing and sales activities and interoperable products to support simple integration of the VMware NSX network virtualization platform with Juniper Networks’ MetaFabric architecture for virtualized data center networking in APAC.
The companies said the partnership represents a shared commitment to delivering simplified, flexible solutions that enable customers to more easily realize the benefits of network virtualization and SDN as their business needs evolve.
Juniper Networks and VMware have closely aligned their private cloud products and sales teams to support customers in the APAC region and provide the following:
- Interoperable products, which are available in APAC today, to deliver smart forwarding across physical and virtual infrastructures and provide end-to-end visibility and management of physical and virtualized infrastructures from a single pane of glass. These include:
- Layer 2 Gateway Services for VMware NSX certified on the Juniper Networks’ MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers to enable seamless bridging between virtual and physical environments.
- Full VXLAN routing on the EX9200 and MX Series platforms to extend virtual networks seamlessly across multiple data centers. This capability leverages custom silicon and employs native L3 capabilities on EX9200 and MX platforms for connectivity of L3 LANs and WANs at wire speed, effectively making VXLAN a fully functioning replacement for legacy VLANs.
- Juniper Networks’ Junos Space Network Director layer with VMware vCenter enables discovery, management and monitoring of virtual networks including vCenter servers, hosts, VMs and virtual switches. It also provides detailed virtual to physical network connectivity information. This will help ensure consistency and visibility across virtual and physical networks.
- A proof-of-concept (POC) lab that will be open to customers for the purposes of conducting testing and analysis of the interoperable VMware NSX and MetaFabric solution.
- Joint marketing and sales programs across APAC, including the recent vForums and joint technical sales training.
Juniper Networks offers routing, switching and security solutions while VMware is a virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions company.
The global market for private cloud services is forecasted to grow at a compound annual rate of 22 percent over the period 2013-2018 according to TechNavio.