Samsung Malaysia Electronics today launched its new premium UHD (Ultra High Definition) TVs in Malaysia. Price from RM9,000, the SUHD TVs – JS9500, JS9000 and JS8000 have screen size of 75″, 65″ and 55″ respectively.
Samsung said its SUHD TVs demonstrate groundbreaking advances in contrast, brightness, colour reproduction and detail to deliver a superior picture quality experience. They utilize proprietary, eco-friendly nano-crystal technology and include an intelligent SUHD re-mastering picture quality engine.
The SUHD TV’s nano-crystal technology transmits different colours of light depending on their size to produce the highest colour purity and light efficiency available today, it claims. This technology produces a wide range of more accurate colours, providing viewers with 64 times more colour expression than conventional TVs.
The newly announced Samsung SUHD TV JS9500 features a chamfer bezel design, adding more depth to the TV screen, and the elegant frame makes the display look like a piece of art when mounted on the wall. The SUHD TV JS9000 has a soft, textured shirring design on the rear of the display, giving the TV a premium look and stylish edge when viewed from any angle.
As of this year, all of Samsung’s Smart TVs, including the new SUHD TV, are powered by Tizen – an open-source platform that supports web standards for TV app development.
Samsung Smart TVs features:
- The new user interface for Samsung’s Smart Hub is more responsive and playful. It is simplified to just one screen, displaying consumers’ most recent content and tailored recommendations for even more entertainment options.
- With Quick Connect, Samsung Smart TVs automatically recognize Samsung smartphones once paired via BLE (Bluetooth Low Energy) technology. Consumers can share video content from their Samsung smartphone to their Smart TV with the press of a button. Also, users can watch TV through their mobile devices without any apps or complicated pre-settings.
- Samsung Smart TV owners can wake-up more easily with Briefing on TV. Samsung Smart TVs now act as an alarm and sync up with Samsung mobile devices to turn on and display important items such as the time, weather and consumers’ schedules.
- Samsung’s Smart TVs offer an integrated entertainment experience, including games such as Hello Hero and Minion Rush, which keep consumers entertained for hours with their family.
- Samsung’s platform powered by Tizen allows Samsung Smart TVs to become part of a much larger content ecosystem, allowing easy collaboration with various partners for ultimate flexibility and unparalleled access.
- With all Samsung TVs poised to become Internet of Things devices by 2017, Tizen’s compatibility with other devices establishes Samsung’s Smart TVs as the control center of any Smart Home.
The three new series of SUHD TVs – JS9500, JS9000 and JS8000 will be available April 2015 onwards at the following recommended retail price:
- SUHD TV 78JS9500 (78″): RM39,999 (inclusive of 6% GST)
- SUHD TV 65JS9000 (65″): RM24,999 (inclusive of 6% GST)
- SUHD TV 55JS8000 (55″): RM9,999 (inclusive of 6% GST)