Cyberview Sdn Bhd and Atilze Digital Sdn Bhd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Yen Global Berhad, signed a Memorandum of Collaboration (MoC) last week for a partnership to build, operate and commercialize a city-wide long range (LoRa) network in Cyberjaya.
This collaboration strategically positions Cyberjaya as the first smart city in Southeast Asia connected with a city-wide LoRa network.
LoRa is a ready and available low power, long range, wide area network (LPWAN) technology that is more advanced and is designed to meet the demands of today’s Internet of Things (IoT) applications and services. In view of its characteristics, LoRa technology has also been proven to reduce cost due to its minimal infrastructure requirements, fast deployment with minimal configuration, and lower cost of gateway and modules.
The collaboration is a project initiation by both Cyberview and Atilze in taking the first step and moving Malaysia towards an advanced ICT (Information and Communications Technology) country.
As part of the collaboration, Atilze will supply the LoRa gateways and antenna systems, nodes and modules and access to the IoT data cloud platform for the transmission of the data. Upon the completion of the installation, Atilze will continue to manage, operate and provide maintenance, service and support services for its LoRa network in Cyberjaya. The LoRa gateways and antenna systems will be supplied at no cost, whilst Cyberview provides access to towers and building roof tops.
The MoC inks a one (1) year period where the IoT applications will be used as pilot project, which includes the following:
- (i) Intelligent street lighting is used to detect movements by pedestrians, cars or cyclists, where lights will brighten up when those movements are detected;
- (ii) Environmental managements including temperature, humidity, barometric, air quality monitors that can be used to measure and determine weather conditions and the air quality index (AQI);
- (iii) Water gauge to monitor water levels in drains, rivers, lakes, dams and water tanks;
- (iv) Asset trackers, for example to track public buses operated by Cyberjaya on its arrival time and location;
- (v) Security systems for both homes and offices; and
- (vi) Smart parking solution, to locate, reserve and to make payment for the respective parking lots.