The folks at PhoneArena were told about this incident by someone who works at “one of the big” carriers in the United States. The customer who actually owns this handset came into the source’s store, apparently he had received this Galaxy S7 edge just two weeks ago after returning his replacement Galaxy Note 7 unit. The owner says that this handset was being charged overnight using an OEM charger when this happened.
This isn’t the first time we’re hearing about something like this happening to the Galaxy S7 edge as well. One user sued Samsung last month when his Galaxy S7 edge caught fire in this pocket and left him with second and third-degree burns.
Another similar report from a couple of weeks ago when a woman from the Philippines said her Galaxy S7 edge started burning up when her 16-year-old daughter was using it.