This previous week was one thing of a break from the same old sluggish summer season information cycle. We acquired a brand new take a look at the Pixel 4, Android Q Beta 5 was launched, Google and Amazon made up, and way more. We’re discussing this week’s developments proper now on the Android Police Podcast, so why not have a hear?
This week’s subject checklist:
- New Google Pixel Four XL renders present massive brow and bottom-firing audio system
- Android Q Beta 5 notifications: Silent alerts now grouped, snooze button is optionally available, and extra
- Third-party launchers will not be capable to use Android Q’s new gesture navigation at launch
- Android Q Beta 5 has a brand new darkish boot display, however not for all Pixels
- Screen pinning is now mounted and accessible when utilizing gesture navigation on Android Q Beta 5
- [Update: Toggle arrives in Q Beta 5] Android began closely throttling Wi-Fi scanning in Pie, Google confirms it is right here to remain
- YouTube launches immediately on Fire TV, whereas Amazon Prime Video involves Chromecast and Android TVs
- Google and Dish might be planning to kind a cellular provider, however Google denies report
- Ting is dropping help for GSM-only telephones and T-Mobile, switching to Verizon
- The JBL Link Bar is lastly accessible for buy
- Qualcomm might lastly ship a smartwatch processor that does not suck
For these of you not accustomed to Twitch, you’ll be able to observe a channel at no cost (you will get alerts when it goes live), however it’s also possible to help the present financially by subscribing.
The Android Police Podcast is live on Twitch was written by the superior group at Android Police.