I use my iPad everyday as it is such a great gadget. I have good experience to use iPad for rear seat passenger entertainment when I drive till I find one very reliable headrest car mount for iPad. I believe many families have more than one iPad or iPad at home. To bring the iPad for a journey in car is a growing trend.
Having the right, safe and reliable car mount for iPad is so important that the rear passenger no matter a kid or an adult could really enjoy the great iPad for internet browsing, private cinema, own music on the Go! Nowadays, there are really a lot of different iPad car mounting products in the market. Based on my own searching experience on many different kinds with brand name or without brand name car mount in the market, I would like to voice my suggestion as follows:
- Find out what sort of material the mounting kit is made of especially when the mount is mostly for use in car. You do not want your mounting unit to break so easily when you are driving which may hit the passengers.
- Check if the mounting could hold the iPad firmly. You do not want your iPad falls out from the mounting kit when it is being used during driving.
- You have to choose a mounting that could be fixed into the car headrest pole firmly so that your iPad will not vibrate vigorously when the car is moving.
- Choose a car mount for iPad that could serve multi-purposes so that you are not required to pay twice to purchase another mounting device for use at home or in your workplace.
- Pick a slim and strong mounting unit so that it is easy to carry around and serve as a protection case & keyboard stand too.
- Find the mounting that is equipped with charging function for iPad. It is important when you have a long journey.
- Find the mounting that the installation is easy and without the need of other tools.
- Find the car mount that can fit properly your iPad unit. Some of the mounts will not fit universally for both iPad 1 and iPad 2.
- Find the mounting kit that does not have sharp corner and it is mounted strongly in the headrest so that you energetic kids will not easily break it and be hurt.
- Pick the brand that you trust.
- Last but not least, Value for Money is the key.
I have already used different car mounts for iPad. Finally I find the one from inCarBite that meets most of the above criteria. I will recommend it to all of you if you are going to find one.