Norton by Symantec recently released the latest versions of its core security products. Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus are now compatible with Windows 8 and engineered to be safer, optimized for speed and performance, and simpler to use.
The new Norton products however will no longer be identified by year. In a statement to TheTechInsider, Norton said “Beginning with this latest release, Norton products will no longer be identified by year. Instead, as part of an annual subscription, Norton will provide automatic and continual updates via Rebootless Patches and silent upgrades as long as users are connected to the Internet. Consumers with a valid subscription can rest assured they will always have the latest updates.”
Some of the new and enhanced features of the new Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus below:
- Social Networking Protection – New defenses protect consumers from attacks and scams on social networks, such as likejacking, malicious messages, posts and notices on social networks
- Scam Insight – Anti-scam capabilities warn users of potentially risky sites that are new or do not have an established reputation within the Norton user community, enabling users to keep personal information such as bank account or login data secure
- Enhanced Network Defenses – To keep consumers safe from constantly evolving web-based attacks, the latest releases feature stronger networking defenses including a new Intelligent Firewall and broader uses of Insight information, which now tracks IP address reputation in addition to file, URL and domain reputation
- Faster Startup & Shutdown – Completely re-engineered to minimize startup and shutdown time
- Maximized Battery Power – Reduced power consumption, resulting in extended battery life and faster response from system sleep and hibernate states
- More Efficient Support for Digital Media Files – Designed to ensure digital media files – such as photos, music and videos – are safe from attack, without impacting performance
- Touch Screen-Friendly – User interface is engineered for faster performance and optimized for touch screens
- Version-Less – With all product updates now downloaded in the background and installed automatically, consumers can rest assured they are safe from the latest threats without manually checking for updates
- Reboot-Less – Product updates no longer require reboot, so consumers can receive the most up-to-date protection without being interrupted
In Malaysia, the latest versions of Norton Internet Security and Norton AntiVirus are now available for purchase in Kuala Lumpur through various retailers. The Malaysia RRP for Norton Internet Security is RM 169 and provides one year protection for up to three PCs. Norton AntiVirus is RM 69 and provides protection for one PC.
Norton customers with a valid product subscription are eligible to receive the latest product updates via the subscription service model.