One of the world’s most popular blogging platform, WordPress has just released released an update to its content management system, version 3.8 of WordPress, named “Parker” in honor of Charlie Parker, bebop innovator.
WordPress has gotten a facelift. Version 3.8 brings a fresh new look to the entire admin dashboard with the bigger, bolder, more colorful design.
New features & improvements in WordPress 3.8 “Parker”:
- Modern aesthetic: The new WordPress dashboard has a fresh, uncluttered design that embraces clarity and simplicity.
- Clean typography: The Open Sans typeface provides simple, friendly text that is optimized for both desktop and mobile viewing. It’s even open source, just like WordPress.
- Refined contrast: We think beautiful design should never sacrifice legibility. With superior contrast and large, comfortable type, the new design is easy to read and a pleasure to navigate.
- WordPress on every device: We all access the internet in different ways. Smartphone, tablet, notebook, desktop — no matter what you use, WordPress will adapt and you’ll feel right at home.
- High definition at high speed: WordPress is sharper than ever with new vector-based icons that scale to your screen. By ditching pixels, pages load significantly faster, too.
- Admin color schemes to match your personality: WordPress just got a colorful new update. We’ve included eight new admin color schemes so you can pick the one that suits you best. Color schemes can be previewed and changed from your Profile page.
- Refined theme management: The new themes screen lets you survey your themes at a glance. Or want more information? Click to discover more. Then sit back and use your keyboard’s navigation arrows to flip through every theme you’ve got.
- Smoother widget experience: Drag-drag-drag. Scroll-scroll-scroll. Widget management can be complicated. With the new design, we’ve worked to streamline the widgets screen. Have a large monitor? Multiple widget areas stack side-by-side to use the available space. Using a tablet? Just tap a widget to add it.
- Turn your blog into a magazine: Create a beautiful magazine-style site with WordPress and Twenty Fourteen. Choose a grid or a slider to display featured content on your homepage. Customize your site with three widget areas or change your layout with two page templates. With a striking design that does not compromise our trademark simplicity, Twenty Fourteen is our most intrepid default theme yet.
WordPress said that version 3.8 release was led by Matt Mullenweg and 170 contributors. WordPress version 3.8 is now available for download or update in the WordPress dashboard.