Trend Micro Incorporated, a global security software company, announced major upgrades to the Trend Micro Smart Protection Suite solution set.L-R: Goh Chee Hoh, Managing Director for Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, Trend Micro Inc., Jean Lim, Director, Channel Management & Marketing, Trend Micro Malaysia, Victor Lo, Regional Consulting Director, SEA Region, Trend Micro Inc.
The online security company said it has developed enhancements to its Smart Protection Suite to meet this growing demand and to provide greater protection against next-generation threats across all layers of protection and deployment models. Improvements span PC and mobile endpoints, email, and Web security to enable integrated visibility and threat response. With “mix-and-match” support for cloud, hybrid, and on-premise deployments, the solution updates are ideal for enterprises and mid-size businesses moving to the cloud.
Trend Micro Smart Protection Suite are available in two options:
Trend Micro Smart Protection for Endpoints – a high-performance endpoint security suite which protects virtual and physical desktops against today’s evolving threat landscape using the broadest range of anti-malware techniques available. Multiple layers of threat and data security protect users and corporate information across all devices and applications. This comprehensive suite integrates security across protection layers with flexible cloud deployment, simplified licensing, and central management for network-wide visibility and control of threats and data.
The following layers of security are included in this suite:
- Centralised Security Management – Manage multiple layers of interconnected threat and data protection for complete, user-centric visibility across the entire threat lifecycle
- Endpoint Security – Secure user activity on physical and virtual desktops, laptops, or mobile devices with threat and data protection, application control, vulnerability protection, and encryption
- Mobile Security – Integrated Mobile Device Management (MDM), mobile security, data protection, and application control for iOS, Android, Blackberry, Symbian, and Windows Mobile.
- Integrated Data Protection – Enforces Data Loss Prevention (DLP) policies across multiple layers of security, from gateway to mobile, across USB, email, and web
Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete – is an interconnected suite of security that protects your users no matter where they are going or what they are doing. It delivers the best protection at multiple layers: endpoint, application, and network using the broadest range of anti-malware techniques available. Plus, you can evolve your protection along with your business using flexible on-premise, cloud and hybrid deployment models that fit your IT environment today and tomorrow. You can also manage users across multiple threat vectors from a single pane of glass, giving you complete visibility of the security of your environment.
Trend Micro Smart Protection Complete includes the same layers of security included with Trend Micro Smart Protection for Endpoints along with the following additional layers:
- Email and Collaboration Security – Get superior protection against spam, phishing, malware, and targeted attacks at the mail server, gateway, and communications portal,
- Web Security – Protect your users’ web activity on any device in any location. They gain secure access to the latest web and social media applications, and you get complete visibility and control of employee web usage in a cloud-based SaaS on on-site secure web gateway solution.
As part of the Trend Micro Smart Protection Suite, Trend Micro also released new and enhanced capabilities for Microsoft Office 365 customers to deliver solutions that help secure cloud architectures.
The new security offerings for Microsoft Office 365 include:
- Trend Micro Hosted Email Security – Enhanced spear phishing protection and hidden malware detection is added onto the current top performing spam and malware filtering for Office 365, helping protect users by scanning emails for malicious attachments and URLs, spam and graymail, and phishing attacks. The coming update includes enhanced spear phishing protection and hidden malware detection.
- Trend Micro Cloud App Security – Works with Office 365 using a Microsoft API for Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business. Provides data at rest encryption with customer-managed keys, allows added control of data while preserving Office 365 functionality, and helps reduce risk with advanced malware scanning through sandbox analysis and simplifies compliance with data loss prevention.
“In this new age of the Internet of Everything, it is equally important to protect both devices as well as the behind-the-scenes infrastructure. As businesses transition from physical to cloud, hybrid, and on-premise computing models; the security approaches they take need to evolve to counter the new threat landscape which will inevitably rise,” said Goh Chee Hoh, Managing Director for Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia, Trend Micro Inc.
“We have to remember that stolen data has no expiration date. It can and will be used in perpetuity. We should all rethink our security strategies as stewards of data and focus on becoming threat defense experts in our organizations. The Trend Micro Smart Protection Suite is designed to improve security capabilities as businesses navigate new waters in the cloud. At the same time, we have also simplified deployment at the request of our customers by providing two clear cut options.”
In Malaysia, the Trend Micro Smart Protection Suite is now available at RM116 onwards from authorised Trend Micro Partners. For more details please contact Trend Micro.