Its high likely that the mobile network of Maxis, Celcom, Digi and U Mobile will be congested at midnight, at key city areas.
If you going to be out tonight to celebrate the New Year, here’s some Tips:
1. Carry a power bank so you can charge your phone on the go
2. Use 4G network if you are using heavy data (Facebook, uploading photos/videos).
3. Set your phone to 2G only for voice call if 3G doesn’t work.
4. If mobile data doesn’t work, use a reputable Wifi network if you could find one (such as at Starbucks, Y5zone, etc)
5. If being connected is super important: Try to carry two phones with 2 different network, example a Celcom and a U Mobile number.
Oh, don’t forget to reload if you are on prepaid or settle your postpaid bill if you haven’t.
To set your phone to 2G or 3G/4G:
Android: Settings>More>Cellular Networks>Preferred Network Types> Set to 2G or 3G/4G
iOS: Settings> Cellular>Enable LTE or 3G