Celcom Axiata Berhad’s consistent drive in focusing on customer experience has resulted in a sustainable market growth. Through its digitally innovative products and services, Celcom recorded a RM5 growth in Average Revenue Per User (ARPU) YTD from RM83 to RM88 for its postpaid business.
For the same period, Celcom’s revenue grew 3.0% on the back of a 2.1% increase in service revenue, driven by growth in prepaid and postpaid business with a blended ARPU from RM46 to RM49. YTD Total Revenue in the observed quarter increased, from RM4.845 billion to RM4.992 billion. Celcom’s network coverage with LTE population at 90% and LTE-A at 78% has driven the increase in average data usage, as the observed quarter recorded a 14.9% increase at 13.1GB data usage per subscriber.
“Customer experience remains Celcom’s top priority. As we have adopted new measures of data and analytics, we will engage and improve our services to international quality and standards for our customers,” said Idham Nawawi, Chief Executive Officer of Celcom Axiata Berhad.
Excellence in customer experience is still important in today’s market. The current adopted customer focus strategy showed positive and stabilised YTD results with improved key indicators in a saturated market. Our network experience is now also among the best and our customer service is certified and recognised as industry leading,” Idham added.
Celcom’s Customer Experience recognitions by 3rd parties throughout 2018 –
- 20 September 2018 – The first telco globally, and the first in Malaysia, to be certified by SIRIM QAS International for meeting the requirements of ISO 18295-2:2017 – Managing Customer Contact Centre Continuously Improving Customer Experience and Proactive Customer Servicing.
- Recognised by Open Signal’s Video Experience measurement as one of the top video experience providers in the country.
- Celcom’s strength in customer touchpoints was also proven when it won the Frost & Sullivan’s Excellence in Customer Experience – Contact Centre, Excellence in IoT Service Provider of The Year, and Excellence in Customer Experience – In Store Experience Awards in June 2018.
- 8 award wins during the recent Contact Centre Association of Malaysia (CCAM) award night:
– Two (2) x Gold Awards:
- Best In-House Outbound Contact Centre (Under 100 seats) – Outbound
- Best Contact Centre by Language – Indonesia
– Three (3) x Silver Awards:
- Best In-House Inbound Contact Centre (Above 100 seats) – Postpaid
- Best In-House Inbound Contact Centre (Under 100 seats) – Prepaid
- Best Social Media
– Three (3) x Bronze Awards:
- Best Innovation Adoption Awards
- Best Customer Relationship Management Award
- Best In-House Inbound Contact Centre (Under 100 seats) – Priority
Celcom also obtained the highest Net Promoter Score with the highest satisfaction score among the four telcos. The research was done by AC Nielsen, encompassing satisfaction scores for Network, Package, Service Quality, Billing & Top-Up, Brand & Loyalty, and Product Features. It was conducted with more than 7, 000 respondents from the four key Malaysian network operators across all regions in Q3 2018.
“We were recently recognised by Forbes as the “Top Ten Most Customer-Focused Companies in Asia”. This serves as a testament to our commitment in recognising the importance and value we have for our customers whilst delivering various touch points that cater to the needs of all,” he added.
In the remaining quarter and into 2019, Celcom will further intensify its focus on customer experience, and continue its pace on enhancing its network infrastructure, in preparation for the fourth Industrial Revolution (IR4.0) and embrace its role as a catalyst within the nation’s digital economy.
Gearing towards the nation’s IR4.0 aspirations, which encompass multiple industries that implement processes with integrated internet connectivity, Celcom’s optimised network infrastructure paves the way for the telco to adopt the provision of innovative Internet-of-Things (IoT) solutions and technology.
Currently, Celcom is adopting various new technology such as robotics, artificial intelligence and IoT systems internally and externally in various industrial segments including utilities, logistics, industrial improvements and natural environment monitoring.
“We are capitalising on these new technologies to improve and serve our customers better, as our customers are the reason for us to innovate and optimistically deliver new digital solutions every day, further supporting the development of the nation’s digital transformation and economic agenda. Rest assured that we will continue to strive for excellence in digital innovation and customer service,” Idham concluded.
For more info, visit: https://www.axiata.com/investor/financial-reports/